Ford PowerStroke 6.0L Remanufactured Fire Ringed Cylinder Heads w/ New Valve Springs - 20mm Dowel
PLEASE CALL 865-458-5472 to confirm AVAILABILITY!!!
We are hometown Auto Parts Store and Machine Shop Established in 1972. We remanufacture these head to the strictest of standards. Most common issues with 6.0 heads are they tend to develop cracks along the valve seats and fuel leaks into the coolant passages through the injector cups. Cracks are inspected by Magnaflux and in addition we pressurize and submerge the head under water, this process ensures that any leaks or cracks in the injector cup are detected where most other traditional methods fail to detect. Once the heads have been fully inspected for cracks, we tear them down and do a 3-Angle Valve Job to maximize sealing of the Valve to the Valve Seat which also increases flow of intake air and exhaust gasses in and out of the combustion chamber. All valve seats, valves, and guides are replaced when needed, we take no chances on this and spare no expense as this is the life of the cylinder heads. Heads are then MILLED using a CBN Cutter specifically designed for Diesel Engines to factory specifications required for proper sealing of the MLS-style Head Gaskets on these engines and cleaned for a superior finish to provide a perfectly flat sealing surface.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND USE OF ARP HEAD STUDS Part# 250-4202 and Ford Head Gaskets or Victor Reinz Head Gaskets Part# 54450A (THESE ARE THE SAME GASKETS) DO NOT BUY CHEAP GASKETS! WE HAVE ALSO FOUND FEL-PRO HAS A VERY GOOD GASKET AVAILABLE WITH OTHER ENHANCEMENTS!
Labor on a typical head repair job on a 6.0 can exceed over 25hrs, do not take any chances and risk paying twice for labor and buying another head gasket which can cost over $250 per side. We recommend a thorough head rebuild on vehicles with over 100,000 miles, most trucks in service may have over 7-10 years on them, reusing heads with rubber valve stem seals that have been on a truck for this period of time would cause rubber deterioration.
CORE CHARGE DETAILS: There is no Up Front Core Charge, once purchase is complete we will email you a form to fill out and include a UPS shipping label with each shipment. Core heads must be returned within 45 days of Original Purchase. We do not discriminate on cores, no matter what is wrong with yours please return them.
We will buy your cores! Contact us if you would like to sell them!
Cobb's Auto Parts, INC. is dedicated to quality craftsmanship and is pleased to offer this warranty. We invite you to read this entire document carefully prior to installing your cylinder head.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.
1) Accepting and installing this head constitutes acceptance of this warranty.
2) Heat tab must be in place on head, not altered or melted.
3) Any claim must be returned for inspection. A copy of invoice must accompany head. A Return Authorization number must be obtained.
4) Only 1 (one) warranty per purchase.
5) Warranty begins at the date of purchase for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first on our Remanufactured heads.
6) No incidental, consequential, punitive or over the road damages.
WARRANTY COVERS: Parts Warranty only – Cobb's NAPA Auto Parts & Machine Shop hereby warrants its fully reconditioned cylinder heads from all defects in materials, and will replace or repair the defective parts in the head for a period of 12 months, labor excluded. All original cylinder heads must be returned for warranty, failure to return cores or providing invalid credit card information will result in termination of warranty.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
1) Damage caused by improper installation, accidental over heating, abuse or neglect.
2) Loss of time, use of vehicle, phone calls, inconvenience or consequential charges.
3) Fluids, tow charges, rentals or diagnosis.
4) Repairs made without prior authorization will void all warranties.
5) No warranty on Commercial, Industrial Racing/ Pro stock or Marine Use
6) Labor Costs to replace parts or items are excluded from our warranty.